The HI98331 Direct Soil EC Tester/Pen is a pocket tester that allows you to directly measure soil conductivity (EC) and temperature. The Direct Soil EC Tester/Pen is a great option for taking direct conductivity measurements in soil because of its compact size, automatic calibration, and single button operation.
The HI98331’s steel penetration electrode means you no longer have to make soil slurries. The HI98331 has an integrated temperature sensor that is used so that EC measurements are automatically temperature compensated.This creates readings that are much more accurate. This EC tester is great for environmental and agricultural testing.
The Hanna GroLine Direct Soil EC Tester/Pen lets you measure the bulk EC of your soil with a soil conductivity test. Bulk electrical conductivity of soil conveys the total conductivity. Total conductivity includes the EC of the soil, air, and moisture in your sample. All these things carry charged ions that would read as EC. This reading is very useful; you can calculate your pore water conductivity and saturated extract conductivity from the result. You would need to know your water content (how much water there is in your soil) to perform that calculation. How To Measure the Bulk EC with your Direct Soil EC Meter:
- Pick your testing location.
- Rinse the testing probe with deionized water, and make sure it is dry.
- Check the soil and ensure that the soil is moist.
- Use a ruler or auger to make a hole in the soil. This keeps the testing depth consistent.
- Insert your soil conductivity tester directly into the soil, and take your measurement.
Direct Soil EC Meter Features:
- One-point calibration
- Automatic calibration to 1413 µS/cm conductivity standard
- Automatic Temperature Compensation (ATC)
- Samples automatically compensated for temperature variations
- Uses a fixed 2% temperature correction coefficient
- Stainless steel penetration electrode allows for direct measurement in soil
Direct Soil EC Meter Specifications:
- Conductivity Range: 0 to 4000 μS/cm; 0.00 to 4.00 mS/cm (dS/m)
- Conductivity Resolution: 1 μS/cm; 0.01 mS/cm (dS/m)
- Conductivity Accuracy: ±50 μS/cm (0 to 2000 μS/cm), ±300 μS/cm (2000 to 4000 μS/cm); ±0.05 mS/cm (0.00 to 2.00 mS/cm), ±0.30 mS/cm (2.00 to 4.00 mS/cm)
- Temperature Range: 0.0 to 50.0°C
- Temperature Resolution: 0.1°C
- Temperature Accuracy: ±1°C
- EC/TDS Calibration: automatic, one-point at 1.41 mS/cm
- Temperature Compensation: automatic, temperature coefficient (β) fixed 2% / °C
- Battery Type/Life: CR2032 Li-ion approximately 100 hours of continuous use
- Electrode/Probe: 114 mm (4.5 “) Stainless steel penetration
- Environment: 0 to 50°C (32 to 122°F); RH max 95% non-condensing
- Dimensions: 50 x 196 x 21 mm (2.0 x 7.7 x 0.9“)
- Weight: 74 g (2.4 oz.)
- Ordering Information: HI98331 is supplied with a stainless steel penetration probe, CR2032 battery (1 pc.), storage / protection sleeve, instruction manual, & quality certificate.
- Warranty: 1 year